Thursday, August 13, 2009

What Leads You?

Today let me share what has been on my heart this week. The question is, “What leads me?”

Is it what others think, others’ expectations, what I think, fears, or desires I may have?

What leads you?

This past week it was my goal not to be led by anything but the Holy Spirit of God. Is it easy? No. I like routine. I like systems and patterns and programs and structures. I like predictability and plans. I like to eat when I feel like it. Now, there is nothing wrong with those. But, are we prone to make idols out of systems, plans, or desires? I am.

As we continue our day (our week…our life) can we strive to have the attitude of “not my will but your will be done”?

Let’s continue this walk with the Lord that we have all begun and surrender our ideas, loves, dreams, convictions to Him. One day it could be normal for us all to shout like Paul “I no longer live but Christ lives in me.”

Please be in prayer for the Life’s Healing Choices Campaign. Satan does not want to see people find freedom in Jesus. Trust me on this, the first place he will attack is our unity. Divided we fail. Pray against Satan. There will be a new prayer guide in this week’s bulletin. Remember, Greater is He that is in me (us), than he that is in the world!

People are signing up to host groups. We still need more. Be part of God’s work to bring hope into hurting lives. These groups will be meeting every week for eight weeks. That’s it. The church needs some of you who have been in Christ a while to host a group. God has been preparing you for this. It is time.

The campaign ends on November 8…Our 20th Anniversary. We will be celebrating in the morning and afternoon at our Fall Picnic. You don’t want to miss it!

On November 22, we will have Rabbi Robert Israel Solomon speaking. He is a Messianic Jewish Rabbi (Christian Rabbi). He will be speaking on “The Relationship Between Israel and the Church: End Time Prophetic Scriptures and Our Jewish Roots”. Please keep him and his congregation in your prayers. They keep a police officer on their property while they worship because of the threats they are receiving.

Finally “be self controlled and alert. The enemy prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour”1 Peter 5:8. As someone said to me today, recognize the enemy. “Pray continually” 1 Thessalonians 5:17.

What will be the result? More people coming to faith In Jesus…like four teenagers did this past Sunday…and five adults recommitting and 110 adults choosing to “remain in Jesus”!

Lets pray for God to do even “greater things than these”!

Striving to Surrender,
Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment